Every month Aussie Scrap Source provides a series of high quality class kits which are made available to stores around Australia and New Zealand. Stores are able to purchase these kits which provide all the instructions and products required to run a class.
Currently our kits are created by our very talented design team, but to increase variety, scope and ideas, we now want you to be a part of this process and help us produce an even wider range of classes each month.
To be involved, you just need to submit a completed layout or beyond the page (BTP) project which showcases a unique or clever technique that you think would work well in a class environment. We have several criteria, and these are summarised as follows:
- Classes may be in either layout or BTP format. A preference will be shown to double 12x12 layouts and BTP items, however single 12x12 layouts will still be considered. Note at this point in time, 8.5x11 classes will not be considered.
- Layouts must feature a technique and this should be listed and described in your submission email.
- The products used on your layouts or BTP items should be primarily available from Aussie Scrap Source. If you have used an item that we do not sell, please list a relevant alternative in your email submission. To see items that are sold by Aussie Scrap Source, click on our website link and then on the ‘Products’ link on the left hand side.
- Products used to complete your layouts or BTP projects should have a RRP value of approximately AUD $16-20 or USD $8-10.
- Your layout must not have been posted on any public gallery, blog, forum or sent to any magazine to be eligible for consideration.
- Your submission email should include the following details: “Class Kit Submission” in the subject title line, and inside the body of the email you should include a brief description of the technique used. A photograph or scan of the completed project should also be included.
If your layout or BTP project is accepted, you will be contacted by email and then supplied with a contract. You will also be advised of the month that your class kit is to be featured and asked to provide a list of step by step instructions and full materials list. You will also be required to keep the acceptance and details of your class kit to yourself until that month's kits are revealed on the Aussie Scrap Source website. Payment for all accepted items will be AUD$80.00 and will be paid in the month that the class kit is featured.
If are interested in submitting a layout or BTP project for consideration, please send it to email@example.com with a subject title of “Class Kit Submission”. We reserve the right to accept classes at any time, but will generally work to these cut off dates:
August Kits – Due 23rd May
September Kits – Due 20th June
October Kits – Due 20th July