We thank Robyn Wood for sending us images of this wonderfully original canvas. Congrats Robyn – you win this weeks prize pack!
Robyn shares a lot of details about her process too which is fantastic. She writes: For this piece I used a Crafters Workshop stencil (mini pomegranates) to provide the ‘shapes’. Here is a little more detail:
· The base is a 7” x 5” flat canvas which was covered with tiny pieces of ripped dictionary paper. Once dry this was painted with a wash of pale blue/aqua/white acrylic paints.
· The stencil was placed on one side of the canvas and spritzed with marmalade glimmer mist – I towelled it off a touch to lighten the colour.
· Each of the ‘pods’ was outlined & embellished with a white Molotov marker.
· Extra dimension (and ‘shape’) was added with a Tim Holtz chicken wire stamp.
· My ‘She Art’ girl was paper pieced using Bo Bunny papers – the butterflies on her skirt tie in nicely with the stamped butterflies & tissue tape.
· A couple of Tim Holtz Papillion butterflies were stamped & coloured & bent a little so that their wings are sticking up.
Chantelle Huizenga sent us this beautiful layout this week. She writes: I’ve included shapes into my page by using punches and die-cuts which include: circle punch EK Success, My Minds Eye banner die-cut, MS doily punch, MS butterfly punch and also CW stencil mini harlequin with texture paste.
We thank Faygie Fellig for this eye catching layout with super creative layering and textures.
Finally, Rebecca Cameron sent us this wonderfully soft page. She writes: As you can see Louise Nelson has inspired the ink circle around the photo. The line of torn squares was inspired by a Sabrina Ward Harrison artwork.
Such wonderful work ladies – thank you.