Leeann was very excited about working with Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist. She decided to take her project off the page and give this Prima canvas apron a scrappy misted makeover. Firstly she applied a heap of Hambly rub-ons and then sprayed the canvas apron all over using Glimmer Mist Chalkboard, and using the same colour she took the nozzle off and poured and flicked straight from the bottle onto the canvas.
She then made a couple of circle masks and used more Chalkboard to add pops of colour. Next she mixed together texture paste and chalkboard, applying this through a mask randomly over the canvas apron. Then it was time to finish the canvas apron off by adding pen doodles and a bit of stamping. Final touches buttons and fabric tabs with a bit of machine stitching for extra detail.
For this page leeann used the pleated ribbon strips by pink paislee and the chalkboard mist by tattered angels. Once dried she trim and machine stitched in place creating a colourful flow of ruffles. she also poured a small amount from the bottle and misted lightly with water, creating a watercolor effected.
Here we have a project created by Rebecca Beattie who use’s tattered angels glimmer mist, glimmer clam, glaze and stamps in lots of different ways creating plenty of fabulous effects. She also provides us with a list of techniques she use.
- coloured silver metal handle and spout end with Glimmer Glam for a copper look
- colouring glue flowers on the cover
- using screens while spraying
- spraying after creating a resist with glue
- stamping with Tattered Angels stamps and screens to create more dimension
- adding a specked look on paper flowers by applying glue onto them and then placing them face down on a craft sheet that had dried after having Glimmer Mist sprayed onto it
- spraying onto paper to better tie the colours into the whole project
- spraying over scattered rock salt (that is quite course) to create a speckled background
- stamping with Tattered Angels stamps then accented by painting with a fine brush dipped into Glimmer Glaze
- layering colours for added depth
Thank you so much Rebecca for allowing us to share your fabulous project. You can see more of Rebecca’s work here.
Here we have a beautiful page created by Renee Aslette. Who tells us that first she applied texture paste to her page using bubble wrap allowing it to dry and misted over the top. She also misted some of the flowers to help coordinate with the page, and finally adding small flicks with the nozzle end. Thank you so much Renee for allowing us to share this page. You can see more of her work here.
Gosh how adorable is this page By Sharmaine Kruijver. She has used the Glimmer Mist colours Suede and Creme de Chocolat. Sharmaine has also used Juniper Glimmer Mist to colour the fabric doily.
This page is also by Sharmaine Kruijver. She has used red and black Glimmer Mists on the tags and embellished them. We love how they just pop with that added colour of teal on the solid grey background.
Lastly is this ATC card again using Red and Black Glimmer Mists. A big thank you to Sharmaine Kruijver for allowing us to share a few of her amazing projects. If you would like to see more of her work go here.